Student Outreach and Support (SOS) works collaboratively with campus and community resources to provide support to students experiencing distress, ensuring the community at large remains safe while the student involved gains the necessary resources to remain successful academically and personally.
- Assist students in distress
- Increase awareness of resources
- Increase understanding of distress
- Provide training on interventions
- Reduce stigma associated with behavioral health needs
- Increase students ability to identify health coping skills
- Increase Awareness of the SOS Behavior & Wellness Referral
What We Do
Campus, Assessment, Response and Evaluation (CARE) Network
The CARE Network at the University of La Verne seeks to support and facilitate students in achieving emotional, physical, and social well-being and their academic goals through collaborative efforts, sharing resources, coordination of services, and development of additional resources.
Case Management Support
Higher Education Case Managers coordinate interventions and support efforts across campus and community resources to assist students who are facing crises, experiencing life stressors, and encountering barriers that impede success.
Behavioral Intervention Team (BIT)
The Behavioral Intervention Team addresses students, faculty, and staff whose behavior or psychological health condition may be disruptive, harmful or pose a direct threat to themselves or to the health and safety of the university community.